LLB is a Bachelor of Legislative Law. LLB is a Bachelor of Law degree that is offered to aspirants by many renowned colleges in India. The legal professional is a fast-growing profession only law graduates can adorn the offices in all three organs of the Government namely Legislature, Executive and Judiciary.
You can either go for 3 years course for LLB or 5 years course for law integrated course:
|Name of the Course||Duration||Advantages||Career options|
|LLB||3 years||Expertise in law||Litigation,Judiciary, Academics,Civil Services|
|BA LLB, B.com LLB, B.Sc. LLB||5 years||Expertise in two||Litigation, Judiciary, Academics, Law Firms, Companies, Corporate, Counsels, Taxation Firms, Law Clerks or Assistants, Regulatory body|
Interested candidates in law career can either do a three-year law course after graduation in any discipline or a 5 years course after 12th that will be integrated course, you have 3 types of institutions to study these courses: Public University departments/colleges, National Law Schools and private institutions.
LLB course is regulated by the Bar Council of India which sets rules and regulations, regarding legal practice in the country. Any specialization is done at masters, MPhil, Ph.D. stage A higher degree helps candidates get jobs in Academics.
- Criminal Lawyers: Specializes in criminal laws CrPC, IPC, Evidence Act, and various other penal laws
- Civil Litigation Lawyer: Specializes in civil laws eg: taxation laws, excise laws
- Legal Analyst: works for corporate firms or law firms and analyses law pertaining to sphere of the company.
- Document Drafting Lawyer: Specializes in drafting various documents containing agreements
- Legal Advisor: Offers consultancy to corporate firms regarding their legal obligation, duties, legal relations with other firms.
- Government Lawyer: Works for the government and in close coordination with police.
- Judge: Offers judgment after conducting the court proceeding and hearing at the concerned parties.